With Valentine’s Day upon us, I thought it would be fun to make a list of 10 inexpensive date ideas in Columbus. If you’re anything like me, it’s easy to get in a rut of doing the same old things, so it’s fun to explore the city through someone else’s eyes.
1. Go ice skating at the Columbus Blue Jackets Winter Park, presented by Worthington Industries at McFerson Commons. ($5/kids $10/adults, includes skate rental)
2. Show your competitive side at Pins. They have Duckpin Bowling, Pinball, Ping Pong, Shuffleboard, Bocce Ball, Foosball, and Giant Jenga. (games range from 50 cents-$10/hr)
3. Think you would be a good detective from all the crime shows you watch on Netflix? Find a good deal on Groupon for an Escape Room. These are especially fun with a group of friends!
4. Visit your favorite frozen yogurt joint, and take a stroll around Easton. Whether you’re people watching, or window shopping, there’s something for everyone!
5. Something everyone must do at least once, is explore German Village and have a cream puff from Schmidt’s!
6. When the snow finally melts, you can climb 6,000+ square feet of wall for free (if you have your own harness) at the Scioto Audubon Metro Park.
7. Take advantage of free admission every Sunday, at the Columbus Museum of Art.
8. Enjoy a coffee while taking in the picturesque beauty of the Topiary Park.
9. Step back in time at the Slate Run Living Historical Farm. Take a peek at what life was like on a farm in the 1880’s.
10. Walk down memory lane, while walking through an antique mall. My personal favorite is the Heart of Ohio Antique Center in Springfield. You can spend hours exploring all the booths.